Thursday, 27 January 2011

Lovely honey from KOI



My half-finished Honey Green Tea

Bubble tea KOI needs no further introduction; its recent appearance (with few other competitors) has revived local bubble tea scene and once again, creating queues so long, it's unbelievable (at least to non-patrons). However, I never thought I will blog about it because I had a rather bad first encounter with this bubble tea. After a 30-minute wait, I got an overly SWEET (though I chose 75% sweetness) and very normal-tasting green apple green tea in return. SO disappointed. After that, I never go near KOI anymore.

But in a twist of fate, I got to taste their Honey Milk Tea and fell in love with their HONEY!

The honey is really fragrant and lovely, and the best part is it's very comfortably sweet, just nice! (By the way, you no need to choose the sweetness % for anything with honey.)

And I'm also quite impressed by their 'pearls' because they remained soft and chewy even after standing for some time, unlike normal 'pearls' which will 'harden' after a while.

So the verdict is, yes, i will still join in the queue, only for their honey drinks. =P


~yun~

No comments: