Thursday, 17 March 2011

Emotions run high...

I have been in a mourning state for the past few days.
Mourning for Japan and mourning for myself (my cancelled trip).
Processing all the cancellations is really heart-breaking.
I feel really sad to email the hotel/airline to tell them I have to cancel my trip because something so terrible have happened in your country (I think they should be feeling much much worse than me).
But still, I must say we are still lucky, we did not suffer any loss from cancelling the trip, instead still able to profit a bit from the exchanging back of currency (something I still cant understand how). And I have donated this money to the Red Cross for the disaster.

And by the way, I must really praise ANA, they really have good service; at the first moment, they offer to fully refund everything (flight fees (even promo fares) and JR pass fees) without any conditions (don't even charge you processing fees). And Japan hotels don't charge you anything if you cancel early (even promotion rates). I'm surprised because I do know some countries' hotels will still charge you certain % for normal/promo rates. As for websites selling flight tics and hotel stay at cheap prices, sorry this is business for them. So I'm rather glad I'm a skeptic person who doesn't really trust these websites.

On another sad note, my sis's longtime close friend just passed away yesterday. So sad, she just lived opposite our block (my parents'), I will also bump into her occasionally in the neighbourhood. Such a nice young girl. What a real pity and sadness. Gastric discomfort, 3 weeks' stay in hospital and sudden demise. She didn't even suffer any terminal illness and docs couldn't find out what's wrong with her. Life is so vulnerable. My sis is devastated and I also dunno how to console her. I can only hope that may her friend rest in peace.

So, please treasure your loved ones. Work is never-ending. Spend some time with them. Spend some time with yourself. Don't regret.


~yun~

No comments: